Sunday, January 26, 2014

Book 2 : the Paradox of Choice

While this book has a decent theory and even some helpful advice I'm just not sure I can actually reccomend it. It's much too long and is filled with scores if unnecessary information. The content is as depressing at times as Russian literature and rarely (until the very end) gives you something to do about it. 

The concept is sound: in a world where choices are more and more abundant, people are actually less likely to be happy. Perhaps some people needed those five chapters in the middle to be convinced of the concept but I wasn't. He needed to just get to the point. 

I have read other books in this sort of "learn how to relax and look at the world differently" genre and thought they were much better. Check out "The Art of Possibility" by Ben and Rose Zander for my favorite of these self-help books. Changed my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment